Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can you teach a New Blog Old Tricks?

Hello... "Cyber-Space"

I'm not going to assume that anyone is actually reading this, but this is my first blog.  I know that "Blogging" has been around for a while now, and that a lot of crazy people, with their useless opinions, are just out there tossing their pointless ramblings into the Electronic Ether, like some scratchy note, written by a deranged madman, trapped on a dessert island, in the middle of the Pacific, and it is now floating in a bottle, to be found by who knows who?

Well, the point is, if you are reading this.  HELP!!!

I'm trapped on this Planet filled with Modern Philosophers and Theologians, grappling at each others throats, in an attempt to...  That's really the point, isn't it?  What do they (We) plan on getting out of all this Thinking?

O.K. Here's the deal.  I don't intend on coming across as "pretentious," but who are we kidding?  Anyone with an opinion comes across as pretentious, because G-d Forbid you actually feel passionate about your ideas!

In my own attempt at being humble, let me state that I'm just trying to get to the bottom of all this.  This thing we call -- "LIFE."  I don't believe in "Everybody is Right, in their own way," just as much as I don't believe that "There are many paths to G-d."  I do believe that Math (as much of it as we understand) is G-d's Language.  I just wish that I was more fluent.  With that being stated, I do believe in absolutes.  I just don't believe that any one of us is getting all the variables, in order to come to an absolute conclusion.

For this reason, I feel that we should have freedom of speech and or expression.  I don't claim to be RIGHT, but I do acknowledge that within my own crazy ideas, I see the potential of just stumbling over some obscure insight that may somehow, in some indirect way, alter the course of History.  I think that if we all had the chutzpah to state our thoughts, that somehow, within all the jabber, truth would present itself.

In fact, I think that this is what Blogging is all about.  Now, the real challenge, is to be able to sift through all this Cyber-Babel and connect the dots, in order to find the answers to "What is the Universe?" or "What is the Meaning of Life?"

Therefore, let me state this, "My position on Existentialism is that, the simplest solution is usually the correct one."  Now, that being stated, let me clarify what that means to me.  I think that a lot of us view life as if it was to mean something more.  Our error in over complicating things is, first of all, not comprehending the playing field before we engage the game.  This approach results in disappointment, when things do not go the way we want them to.  Instead of addressing our perspective on the matter, we begin to look at the mechanics and engineering of the process, in order to assign blame, and or to eventually gather enough data to find the way to achieve our objectives, in spite of the what is eternally best for us.  

Ultimately, a lot of us are driving down the highway backwards, viewing everything in the rear view mirror, and wondering why we have such an obscure view of what is really going on.  If we would just take the time to think for one second, maybe it is, "My Perspective," that is causing my problems in the equation, rather than how I am placing the variables into it.  Then, maybe we could see the Greater, yet Simpler, Meaning of the Universe.  Maybe then, we would not be so disappointed when things did not go our way.  Perhaps it was "Our Way," that was the problem all along.

I think that this was a good start.  I believe that I have laid down a foundation of who I am, and the way that I think.  Therefore, over time, as you experience my Rants about the World, "As I see it," you will come to understand what my point is, or at least laugh at my frustration, whilst I (in fun) sweat "The Little Things."

Until Next Time...

This is (Pen Name) "Billy Goetz"

"... And that's all I have to say about THAT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment